Cultural Conferences & Festivals
- Egypt's participation in Amman Book Fair
- international conference league of arab states and alliance of civilizatios
- Citadel Festival for Music, Singing
- Fourth meeting of Muslim world Quran radios officials
- Science Day 2017
- Interreligious conference " Freedom and Citizenship
- 38th Cairo Int'l Film Festival
- 2nd Nubian World Day
- Arabic Language Day
- 47th session of Cairo International Book Fair
49th Cairo International Book Fair
Monday، 15 January 2018 - 11:44 AM
Twenty-seven countries, including 15 Arab countries, 10 foreign countries and 2 African countries will participate in the 49th Cairo International Book Fair, which will run from January 27 to February 10.
Algeria has been chosen as a guest of honor in this year’s fair.
The late veteran writer Abdel Rahaman el-Sharakawy was chosen to be the person of the year because he participated in the renewal of religious discourse in addition to being a renowned theatrical writer.
About 849 publishers, including 10 from foreign publishers, 367 Arab publishers and 2 African publishers will participate in the fair in addition to 7 press organizations and 33 government institutions. The total number of pavilions is 1194.
The Ministry of Education will coordinate the first week of the second semester in tandem with the book fair’s second week as a “Reading Week”.
The 49th edition will host a lot of new activities for the first time, such as establishing theaters, cinema halls and fine arts halls, in addition to increasing the number of books dedicated to children.