Communiqué number 9
7 takfiris killed in comprehensive military operation in Sinai
Saturday، 17 February 2018 - 10:46 AM
The Armed Forces have destroyed eight targets of terrorists as part of Operation Sinai 2018.
Three takfiri elements were killed and a 4x4 vehicle was destroyed in Central Sinai, according to a military statement Saturday.
Troops also targeted a terrorism hotspot in North Sinai and killed four armed takfiri elements in a shootout, it said, adding they had two machine guns and a ready-to-explode bomb on them.
Military engineers destroyed 45 explosive charges that had been planted in areas of the operation, the statement further said.
As many as 158 hideouts and caches were also destroyed during combing operations, as well as seven vehicles and 32 motorcycles, it added.
Also, 408 criminals, wanted elements and suspects were nabbed, according to the statement.
The Interior Ministry has, meanwhile, been issuing and renewing IDs of residents of North and Central Sinai in an effort to control the security situation there.
Driving and car licenses are also being issued as part of the process.