- 1st high-level Renewable Energy Conference
- Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
- Belt and Road Forum
- Narrative PR Summit
- Euromoney Conferences
- 2nd International Conference for Co-Operative Housing
- 26th session of joint Egyptian-Jordanian Higher committee
- Egypt's Participation in TICAD VI
- Egypt's participation in G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Egyptian-S. Korean Forum
- MOC 2016
- Egypt hosts Africa 2016 business forum for boosting inter-African integration
- International maritime transport and logistics conference
- 17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
- African economic blocs Summit
- Forum for the Future
- Egypt Energy Investment Summit Cairo, 16-18 February 2016
- World Government Summit
- Suez Canal Global Conference
- Sixth Meeting of the EU-Egypt Association Council
- Group 8: Arab Spring Summit
- Comesa 2012
- World Economic Forum - Davos
- Egypt Economic Development Conference March 2015
- International Economic Conference of Matrouh Governorate
- Al MAL – GTM
- Egyptian - Gulf investment Forum
- 4th World Government Summit
- Regional Conference on Economic Liberalization
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Tripartite Regional Economic Communities
26 – 28 November 2018
15th International Arab Mineral Resources Conference
Monday، 26 November 2018 - 02:47 PM
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi launched the 15th International Arab Mineral Resources Conference.
The aim of the three-day conference, titled "Mining, investment and economic development in the Arab world,” is to discuss mining prospects and to promote investment opportunities in the field .
The conference also offers a chance for holding meetings with Arab officials in charge of the mining sector to discuss means of bolstering bilateral cooperation and exchanging expertise.
The conference is chaired this year by Minister of Petroleum Tarek El-Molla .
The conference is attended by a number of Arab officials, including Saudi Arabia’s Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources Khaled Al-Faleh .
The Egyptian ministers of investment and planning also attended .
This is the second time for Egypt to host the event as Egypt first hosted the biennial event in 1999.
Monday 26, 2018
President Abdel Fatah El Sisi inaugurated the 15 Arab International Mineral Resources Conference taking place on November 26-28, organized by the Arab Industrial Development and Mining Organization, and hosted by Egypt, the new chair of the organization.
A documentary film about mining and mineral resources in the Arab World was screened.
Saudi Energy Minister Khaled al-Faleh thanked President Abd Al Fattah El Sisi, for his efforts in oil and Mineral wealth sectors saying: "I deliver to you the greetings of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques”. He said that Egypt and Saudi Arabia have the same political vision and great strategic, economic and geographic links. At the end of his speech, he handed the presidency of the conference to Egyptian Minister of Petroleum Tarek El-Molla.
Minister of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Tarek al-Molla said that mining laws and regulations in Egypt do not match international standards. As a result, foreign investors have refrained from entering the sector so it has been deprived of international expertise for decades. Another challenge cited by the minister is informal mining.
Director of the Arab Organization for Industrial Development and Mining Adel Saqr lauded the success Egypt realized, under the leadership of Sisi, in carrying out a number of mega projects in record time.