- 1st high-level Renewable Energy Conference
- Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
- Belt and Road Forum
- Narrative PR Summit
- Euromoney Conferences
- 2nd International Conference for Co-Operative Housing
- 26th session of joint Egyptian-Jordanian Higher committee
- Egypt's Participation in TICAD VI
- Egypt's participation in G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Egyptian-S. Korean Forum
- MOC 2016
- Egypt hosts Africa 2016 business forum for boosting inter-African integration
- International maritime transport and logistics conference
- 17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
- African economic blocs Summit
- Forum for the Future
- Egypt Energy Investment Summit Cairo, 16-18 February 2016
- World Government Summit
- Suez Canal Global Conference
- Sixth Meeting of the EU-Egypt Association Council
- Group 8: Arab Spring Summit
- Comesa 2012
- World Economic Forum - Davos
- Egypt Economic Development Conference March 2015
- International Economic Conference of Matrouh Governorate
- Al MAL – GTM
- Egyptian - Gulf investment Forum
- 4th World Government Summit
- Regional Conference on Economic Liberalization
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Tripartite Regional Economic Communities
World Economic Forum - Davos
Sunday، 27 January 2019 - 03:19 PM
The World Economic Forum (WEF) was founded in 1971 by Klaus Schwab, a German-born business professor at the University of Geneva. Schwab invited some of the executives from the Western European firms to a non-official meeting in Davos in January, 1971 as an attempt to make the European projects and firms face the challenges of the world market.
Professor Schwab then founded the European Management Forum as a non-profit organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, and drew European business leaders to Davos for their Annual Meeting each January. The Forum developed to be world Forum after it exceeded its limited message and this made Schwab change its name to be World Economic Forum.
Davos is a municipality in the district of Switzerland in the Swiss Alps. It has a permanent population of about 12.000. Davos is the home of one of Switzerland's biggest ski resorts. At the end of every year it serves as the site of the annual Spengler Cup ice hockey tournament. It is also the host of the World Economic Forum (WEF), an annual meeting of global political and business elites.
While many global institutions are notable for the breadth of nations or the powerful political leaders attending their gatherings, the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting and indeed all the activities and initiatives of the WEF around the world are distinguished by the active participation of government, business and civil society figures, both the most experienced and the most promising, all working together in the collaborative and collegial Spirit of Davos. The participants gather to put their joint concepts on the main international and regional issues that are put forth on the WEF's agenda annually, even in the annual conferences or the exceptional sessions.
The WEF is held annually in Davos in January and in May in one of the countries that is agreed on to host it according to the bases and measures of the WEF.
The WEF Mission
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.