Tripartite Egyptian-Cypriot-Greek summit
Tuesday، 08 October 2019 - 01:06 PM
Egypt hosts the tripartite summit among Egypt, Cyprus and Greece on Tuesday October 8,2019. President Abdel Fattah El Sisi presides the summit with the participation of Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.
The summit has a special importance due to the last period developments in the Middle East, as well as what was agreed upon in the previous meetings concerning boosting economic cooperation and political coordination among the three countries.
The summit will tackle cooperation among the three countries in the field of energy, as well as the regional developments in the middle east, combating terrorism and illegal immigration.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi held a summit meeting with Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis. The summit started with a session of talks involving the three leaders followed by another one with the delegations of the three countries attending.
- On the sidelines of the 7th Egyptian-Cypriot-Greek summit, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi had talks with Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis. Sisi congratulated Mitsotakis for assuming his post as the premier, highlighting the depth of the Egyptian-Greek ties in various scores.
He added that Egypt is looking forward to furthering bilateral cooperation, especially in the fields of combating terrorism and illegal immigration in the region.
- On the sidelines of the 7th tripartite summit on cooperation involving Egypt, Cyrus and Greece, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi welcomed Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades, praising the constant development in bilateral relations at all levels. The President asserted Egypt's keenness on continued cooperation at the bilateral level or through the tripartite cooperation mechanism among Egypt, Cyprus and Greece.
- During a joint press conference with his Cypriot counterpart Nicos Anastasiades and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis at the end of their summit, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi said the 7th tripartite cooperation summit among Egypt, Cyprus and Greece, with the first being launched in October 2014, is a real opportunity for exchanging views and coordinating efforts regarding challenges and international issues, adding that it is necessary to maintain joint coordination and consultation and close cooperation among the three nations.
- In a joint press conference with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, President Nicos Anastasiades of Cyprus said energy is one of the most important axes for the trilateral cooperation mechanism involving Egypt, Greece and Cyprus, adding that the three countries are keen on cooperation through signing many deals to make use of natural gas.
- Speaking at a press conference, Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said that Egypt is not just a friendly country but it also plays a vital role in maintaining the region's stability. Mitsotakis said the meeting held today with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades reflected strong relations between Egypt, Cypriot and Greece. adding that cooperation between the three countries is based on supporting regional stability and security, saying that Egypt is a key ally in the fight against terrorism.
- Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades left Cairo after taking part in a trilateral summit with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis.