- Arab-European Summit
- Egyptian participation in Africa-Europe Forum
- Egyptian participation in UfM 3rd Regional Forum in Barcelona
- Egypt's participation in 2018 Beijing Summit of Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC)
- Egypt's participation in BRICS Summit
- European Union
- The Arab League
- United Nations
- La Francophonie
- African Union
- Egyptian Council on African Affairs
- Egyptian African Association
- Latin America
Egypt chosen UNSC CTC President
Tuesday، 08 December 2015 - 12:00 AM
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) decided on December 4, 2015 to choose Egypt to head three committees on combating terrorism and following up sanctions on Iraq and Congo.
Choosing Egypt to head the three committees reflects the confidence of the permanent members in the country's ability to be responsible of these committees especially the one in charge of fighting terrorism.
Egypt has been chosen president of the UN Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC) as of January 2016.
The CTC was established by Security Council resolution 1373 /2001, which was adopted unanimously on September 28, 2001 in the wake of the 11 September terrorist attacks in the United States.
The Committee, comprising all 15 Security Council members, was tasked with monitoring implementation of resolution 1373 /2001, which requested countries to implement a number of measures intended to enhance their legal and institutional ability to counter terrorist activities at home, in their regions and around the world.