- 1st high-level Renewable Energy Conference
- Egypt's Participation in G20 Africa Partnership Conference
- Belt and Road Forum
- Narrative PR Summit
- Euromoney Conferences
- 2nd International Conference for Co-Operative Housing
- 26th session of joint Egyptian-Jordanian Higher committee
- Egypt's Participation in TICAD VI
- Egypt's participation in G20 Hangzhou Summit
- Egyptian-S. Korean Forum
- MOC 2016
- Egypt hosts Africa 2016 business forum for boosting inter-African integration
- International maritime transport and logistics conference
- 17th Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
- African economic blocs Summit
- Forum for the Future
- Egypt Energy Investment Summit Cairo, 16-18 February 2016
- World Government Summit
- Suez Canal Global Conference
- Sixth Meeting of the EU-Egypt Association Council
- Group 8: Arab Spring Summit
- Comesa 2012
- World Economic Forum - Davos
- Egypt Economic Development Conference March 2015
- International Economic Conference of Matrouh Governorate
- Al MAL – GTM
- Egyptian - Gulf investment Forum
- 4th World Government Summit
- Regional Conference on Economic Liberalization
- Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
- Tripartite Regional Economic Communities
Egyptian participations in WEF 2011
Friday، 01 April 2016 - 02:55 PM
Egypt participated in the 6th round of the World Economic Forum (WEF) which is held in the Dead Sea on 22/10/2011. The round is entitled "The Economic Growth and Finding Job Opportunities in the Arab World". About 1000 of the senior figures and decision makers of the governmental and civil organizations of 50 States participated in this Forum.
The official delegation included the Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade Dr. Mahmoud Eissa and Minister of the Manpower and Immigration Ahmed Al-Boraei. Besides, Arab League (AL) Secretary General Dr. Nabil Al-Arabi and the former AL secretary general Amr Moussa participated in the WEF activities.
The program of the WEF concentrated on 4 main axes: the stability and economic growth, the employment, the education and the leadership.
The WEF discussed the economic and developmental conditions in the Arab world in the light of the developments and political changes in the region. The WEF also concentrated on refreshing the economic growth and providing the job opportunities.
In addition, the participants discussed the role of the Arab civil society organizations in the light of the social mobility, models of the economic governance and the need to the economic innovation which leads to positive outputs.
At a session related to the conference's slogan, the participants discussed the problems of the economic downturn at the level of the Arab world, the expectations of the economic growth and the rate of creating job opportunities. They also discussed the relation between the economic plans and the level of the investors' confidence in achieving these goals and the effect of the uncertainty which prevails the world concerning the growth.
The WEF also discussed the importance of the transparency and accountability in establishing the institutional confidence, facing the challenges of the wise governance and the media role in distributing awareness on these main issues.