Monday، 16 November 2015 12:00 AM
Trade between Slovenia and Egypt
Exports from Slovenia: paper, cardboard, timber, pumps and compressors, flat iron equipment, liquid crystal, and equipment, lasers, and other materials made from aluminum, household appliances manufacturer of steel, equipment and grinding metal, pumps for liquids.
Imports from Egypt: agricultural products of all types (potato, citrus fruits, strawberries and vegetables) wires and ropes of ships, iron alloys, basins, ceramic, pumps, compressors, raw cotton, salt, sodium chloride, pure, and cotton yarn.
The values of bilateral trade (according to the Slovenian statistics)
The volume of bilateral trade amounted to 50.974 million Euros (76 million dollars) in 2008, and the approximate value of the trade volume between Egypt and Slovenia in the first half of 2009 amounted to 28.831 million Euros (43 million dollars) for the increase of exports of Slovenia to Egypt.
The Egyptian company El-Swediy Investment Group invested in (Iskraemeco) Slovenian Industry Company for producing electronic meters in November 2007, the investment is leaving very positive impression within the various business communities in Slovenia considering this is the first belongs to Egypt by 100% within the European Union.
A delegation of businessmen, Slovenians, who was accompanying the Minister for Public Administration of Slovenia during her visit to Egypt in March 2009 signed a number of private contracts with their Egyptian counterparts from the IT companies and in turn number of heads and representatives of Egyptian IT companies visited Slovenia at the beginning of December 2009 to identify a number of other Slovenian counterparts and arranging for future deals.
Slovenia offers a number of transport projects, shipping and supply of foreign investment, as the near completion of the processing corridors of international Highway (5 & 10) which passing through Slovenia's height and width, giving Slovenia an advantage in trade and transport of transit goods (which constitute 90 % of goods transported by railway).
- Agreement on the establishment of diplomatic relations was signed in 04/30/1992.
- Agreement on the abolition of visas for holders of diplomatic special and service passports signed in 07/26/1995.
- Protocol on Cooperation between the Foreign Ministries of the two countries signed in 03/03/1996
- Agreement on cooperation in the fields of educational, cultural and scientific signed in 03/03/1996.
- Trade agreement signed on 12/3/1997.
- Agreement on economic cooperation and scientific, industrial and technological signed in 28/10/1998.
- Agreement for the promotion and protection of investment signed in 28/10/1998.
- Protocol on Cooperation between the Foreign Ministries of the two countries signed on 10/3/2005.
- Protocol on scientific and technological cooperation signed in 23/4/2007.
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of public administration signed in 15/3/2009.
- Agreement on Avoidance of Double Taxation on Income signed in 15/12/2009.
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of health, medicine, and signed in 15/12/2009.
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of agriculture and agricultural products signed in 15/12/2009.
- Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation between the Euro-Mediterranean University and the Egyptian diplomatic Institute signed in 15/12/2009.