Festivals & Conferences
50th Cairo International Book Fair
Thursday، 17 January 2019 - 03:07 PM
Under the auspices of President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi, the 50th session Cairo International Book Fair, entitled “the Golden Jubilee”, will take place from January 23 to February 5, 2019, at the new fair grounds in the 5th settlement. This year's fair hosts more than 1273 Egyptian and foreign publishers, with the participation of 35 Arab and foreign countries.
The Arab League made for the guest of honor of this session. The minister of culture, Dr. Tharwat okasha who had inaugurated the first session of the book fair, and the then- chairman of the General Book Authority, Dr. Soheir el Qalamawy were chosen as the year figures of the fair.
The 50th session of the Cairo International Book Fair:
- The total area of the fair is 45000 square meters.
- Number of participants: 169 representing 35 countries.
- Number of suites: 723.
- Number of publishers: 748.
- Number of authorizations: 525.
- Total number of publishers: 1273 publishers.
- Soor al-Azbekiya: 6 selling books Practitioners.
- Number of participating Egyptian publishing houses for the first time : 62.
- Number of participating Arabic and foreign publishing houses, for the first time: 24.
- Number of titles of new books issued by the Egyptian General Book authority, 2018: more than 594.
- Number of cultural events: 419.
- Number of artistic activities: 144
- Number of child-related activities: 234.
- Number of writing workshops, theatre and plastic art: 8 workshops.
- Number of signature ceremonies: 600.
- Number of Arab and foreign guests: is 170.
- Number of poets participating in the poetry hall: more than 300 poets.
- Number of participants in cultural events: 2500 writers, critics, and artists.
Tuesday January 22, 2019