President Sisi’s visit to Kuwait
Sunday، 01 September 2019 - 11:40 AM
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi is set to arrive in Kuwait on Saturday 31/8/2019 for a two-days-visit which will see the signing of a number of bilateral cooperation agreements. The visit reflects the special bond of the Egyptian and Kuwaiti people and their solidarity in the face of challenges and threats during the recent years.
The Egyptian president and the Kuwaiti Emir are expected to hold official talks on boosting the bilateral ties, as well as the latest regional and international developments. He will also meet with a number of senior Kuwaiti officials.
This is Sisi's third visit to Kuwait since he came to office in June 2014 as the two Arab countries have been witnessing a constant development in their ties in various fields. The first two visits came in January 2015, and May 2017.
Kuwait Towers were illuminated in the Egyptian flag, celebrating President Abdel Fattah El Sisi's current visit to the country.
President Abdel Fattah El Sisi arrived at Bayan Palace as he started a two-days-visit to the Gulf state. President Sisi was received and welcomed at Bayan Palace by Sheikh Sabah, and Crown Prince Sheikh Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Speaker of the National Assembly Marzouq Al-Ghanem, and Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah, along with other top officials.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received, at his residence during his current visit to Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Interior Sheikh Khaled Al-Jarrah Al-Sabah, Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Sabah and Kuwaiti National Assembly Speaker Marzouq Ali Al-Ghanim.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi received Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah at his residence. During the meeting, President Sisi praised the distinguished relations binding the two countries, expressing Cairo's appreciation for the Kuwaiti emir, government and people.
- An Egyptian-Kuwaiti summit began between President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabir Al Sabah.
- The official session of talks held between President Abdel Fattah El Sisi and Emir Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabir Al Sabah covered bilateral relations and ways to enhance cooperation in various fields. The two sides reviewed a number of issues of mutual concern and the latest regional and international developments.
- During an Egyptian-Kuwaiti summit, President Abdel Fattah El Sisi asserted that the security of Kuwait and the rest of the Gulf region is that of Egypt.
- During his meeting with President Abdel Fattah El Sisi, Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabir Al Sabah Sunday praised Egyptian-Kuwaiti relations of brotherhood and close historical ties, asserting that Egypt has a special place in the hearts of the Kuwaiti people.
- President Abdel Fattah El Sisi returned home from Kuwait, after a two-days official visit during which he met Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabir Al Sabah, Kuwaiti Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister.