The 4th meeting of Egypt’s National Dialogue
Wednesday، 03 August 2022 - 12:00 AM
On Wednesday, August 3, 2022, the Board of Trustees of the National Dialogue held its fourth session, at the headquarters of the National Training Academy to discuss and review the topics of the Economic Axis.
The session also witnessed the completion of the final drafting of Article no.18 of the regulations governing the work of the Board of Trustees as well as its committees and subcommittees, granting the board the right to form special and sub-committees when required, where each sub-committee has a rapporteur and an assistant.
The Board of Trustees has completed the formation of the sub-committees as follows:
For the political axis, the sub-committees agreed upon are:
1) Exercising political rights, parliamentary representation, and political parties.
3) Human rights and public freedoms.
For the social axis, the sub-committees agreed upon are:
1) Education file
2) Health file
3) Population file
4) Family and social coherence
5) Culture and national identity
For the economic axis, the sub-committees agreed upon are:
1) Inflation and price hike
2) public debt, budget deficit, financial reforms
3) Public investment priorities and state ownership policy
4) Local and foreign private investment
6) Agriculture and food security
7) Social justice
At the conclusion of the fourth session, the Board of Trustees decided to hold the next session on Saturday, August 27, 2022 to determine the names of the rapporteurs and assistant rapporteurs of the specific and sub-committees and to prepare the files and topics to be discussed in the upcoming sessions.