Friday، 21 October 2022 - 09:48 PM
Ismailia is the eastern gateway of Egypt adjacent to the Asian continent and the Asian Arab and Islamic countries. The governorate lies on Suez Canal banks and is bordered to the north by Port Said and Suez to the south.
Its origin goes back to pre-dynastic period. It was one of the largest districts in this era, and its capital is called "Baratum" in Tel Al-Maskhouta, which is now known as the city of Abu Suwayr.
The new Suez Canal:
The Suez Canal represents an important tourist landmark for Ismailia guests, especially the new Suez Canal, which was opened in August 2015. It is located parallel to the old stream at a distance of 72 km, starting from the wind area northwest of Ismailia until the defersoir area south of the canal.
De Lesseps Museum:
It includes the belongings of the French engineer De Lesseps, the owner of the Suez Canal project, with his daily diaries and his private cart. It is located on Salah Salem Street in one of the historic Suez Canal Authority villas.
Ismailia Archeology Museum:
It is considered the oldest regional museum in Egypt, and the architectural nature of the museum takes the form of a temple and is characterized by the scarcity of its antique pieces, as it includes artifacts for different eras, starting from the Pharaonic era to the era of Muhammad Ali. The museum was opened for a visit in 1913.
Abu Atwa Tanks Museum:
This museum was established in the village of Abu Atwa, 3 km from the city of Ismailia, commemorating the battle in which the armed forces and the people of Ismailia confronted the Israeli tanks in 1973.
Tabet El Shagara (The tree Hill):
It is located 10 kilometers from the city of Ismailia, and it is the most important fortified point established by Israel along the Bar Lev Line after the 1967 war. The area is an open-air museum, where visitors can walk around and see tanks, wheelhouses, communications and other facilities.
Unknown Soldier Memorial:
It is about 7 km south of the city, and it is located on a high hill called Jabal Maryam, overlooking the Suez Canal and symbolizing the victims of World War I.
One of the most beautiful natural lakes in Egypt, with a total area of 14 Km2.
It is spread in many areas in Al-Tal, Fayed and Al-Qantara Sharq and includes the remains of World War II soldiers, and it attracts a number of their families and foreign tourists to visit on the anniversary of the war.
It is one of the oldest mosques in Egypt and one of the important archaeological monuments in Ismailia Governorate, which was established by Khedive Abbas Helmy II in the year (1898). The most important feature of the mosque is its wooden ceiling decorated with arabesques.
“The French” Church:
St. Mark’s Cathedral of the Coptic Catholics, called the Catholic Church of St. Mark “The French”, located in Ahmed Orabi Street, in the first district of Ismailia, is one of the most famous churches in the world, and one of the oldest churches in Ismailia Governorate.
It has thick mud-brick walls, in which seals with the names of Ptolemy I and IV were revealed. It is a model of castles in the Ptolemaic era.
Roman Citadel (Citadel of Silla)
It is the third fortress that was discovered in Qantara east of its walls 6 meters thick and supported by 116 semi-circular towers. It dates back to the third century AD. It revealed a statue of a limestone lion of natural size and hundreds of pottery pieces, bronze seals.
Ismailia is located on the eastern border of Egypt on 5066 Km2 in the middle of the Suez Canal, which divides the governorate into two parts. The western section is located in Africa, while the eastern section is in Asia.
It is bordered to the east by the Sinai and the Suez Canal, which penetrates Lake Timsah and the Bitter Lakes... to the west by the eastern borders of the delta along the Damietta branch, and to the south by the road between Suez and Cairo. It is also bordered to the north by Port Said and Lake Manzala.
Ismailia Governorate is 1,434,741 according to the statistics issued by the Central Agency for Mobilization and Statistics on July 27, 2022.
5- Ismailia Map:
6- The Governor:
Major General staff Sherif Fahmy Bishara.
It is the official flag of Ismailia Governorate. It is a green rectangular flag. The flag consists of two olive branches that signify peace, and in the middle of them is the eagle of the Republic, and in the middle is a buoy, water and a ship, due to the presence of maritime transport.
Ismailia Governorate celebrates its National Day on October 16 of each year, that is a symbol of the cohesion of the groups of citizens, workers, students and feda’een from the governorate to revolute against the British occupation. On October 16, 1951, demonstrations erupted in Ismailia to demand the departure of the British occupation, which made the struggle of Ismaili citizens against the British occupation. And what followed the achievements of the police forces on January 25, 1952, the first spark for the glorious July Revolution 1952.
Ismailia first police department.
Ismailia second Police department.
Ismailia third police department.
It has 7 cities and 7 centers (el tal el kebeer, Qantara Sharq, Qantara Gharb, Fayed, Abu Sier, Ismailia, El qasaseen).