Sohag University Hospital, New Sohag City
Thursday، 12 January 2023 - 07:59 PM
Establishing the hospital seeks to provide a decent life for all Egyptians, particularly in Upper Egypt, within the overall state efforts to improve the quality of life with special emphasis on educational and health services.
The establishment of a new headquarters for Sohag University in New Sohag City aims to provide educational and medical services in Sohag as well as the entire of Upper Egypt. It especially targets the desert hinterland of the governorate that does not have access to health services and is in dire need to establish a hospital to serve the new urban community, especially that it is located at the crossroads of the western desert roads, northwards and southwards, and is connected to the agricultural roads on the banks of the Nile River and the eastern desert roads.
- A capacity of 300 beds
- Total area of the land allocated is 35,923 square meters
- Total building area is 7,012 square meters
It includes 10 departments.
- Outpatient clinics
- Labor and delivery
- Intensive care for children
- Intensive care for adults
- 52 outpatient clinics
- 40 reception beds; 20 accident reception beds and 20 reception beds for women
- 78 care beds; 20 incubator beds,13 cardiac care beds, 15 anesthesia care beds, 5 trauma care beds, 8 thoracic care beds, 7 neurological care beds and 10 pediatric care beds
- 32 dialysis machines
- 4 delivery rooms
- 16 operating rooms
- 26 recovery beds
- 120 internal accommodation beds
- CT scan machine