Projects & Initiatives
Second Stage of Silo Foods City for Food Industries
Saturday، 18 February 2023 - 12:20 PM
Silo Foods, an affiliate of the National Service Projects Organization (NSPO) of the Armed Forces, is the first food industries city in the Middle East.
Important information about Silo Foods Industries City:
* The first stage of Silo Foods Industries was inaugurated in 2021.
* Silo Foods Industries will produce about 500,000 tons of food products annually, which are exported to about 13 Arab and African countries.
* It is the first and only food industrial city in the Middle East.
* It aims to provide a wide range of food products with high quality and standards.
* Silo Foods Industries entered the Guinness World Records for achieving the largest school meal distribution rate, with 600 million meals during the 2022 academic year.
* It includes an area for future expansions at 120 acres.
* It contains 18 central warehouses with a capacity of about 55,000 tons.
* It includes seven factories for vegetables, frozen fruits, legumes, ready meals and juices, sauce and jam, in addition to a containers factory to pack the products.
* The project represents an idea of mutual complementarity that depends on benefiting from the agricultural projects implemented in the south of the valley, especially the wheat commodity and the animal and dairy production projects in Nubariya and Sadat City.
* The project aims to achieve the expected economic return and enhance Egyptian food security within the framework of compliance with environmental and health requirements.
Second Stage Components
The second stage, which aims to develop the school nutrition system, includes establishing a factory for dairy, biscuits, halva, and tahina products in addition to a printing complex and a central lab to secure people's needs in the local market and export products abroad to secure hard currency.
Silo Foods city includes nine factories that use the latest technology and high-tech industrial facilities, 14-grain silos and a comprehensive printing complex for packaging environmentally friendly products.
The firm is established with a production capacity of 750,000 tons of basic commodities a year.
The factories of the second stage contribute to producing 200,000 tons of dairy products, 16,000 tons of halva, and 7,800 tons of dunking and moulding biscuits annually.