Thursday، 20 August 2015 12:00 AM
· On 11/11/2017, Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry received the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Comoros, Mohamed El-Amine Souef. The meeting dealt with the overall bilateral relations between the two countries and means to develop them in all fields. During the meeting, Shoukry was handed a letter from the President of the Republic of Comoros to the Egyptian President on the cooperation between the two countries.
· On 27/3/2015, the Vice-President of the Republic of
Comoros Nordini Bourhani visited Egypt
to attend the26th session of the Arab Summit , where he was received by the
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahalb.
· On 13/3/2015, the President of the Comoros Ikililou Dhoinine visited Egypt to attend the Egypt Economic Development Conference, where the President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi met him on the sidelines of the conference.
· On 30/11/2014, President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi met the Special Adviser to the President of Comoros Essa Soli Mammadi who conveyed the greetings and the appreciation of the Comorian President to the President Al SisiaHe handed over to him a message from the
President of the Comoros which tackled ways to promote cooperation and bilateral
relations between the two countries in various fields. The Special Advisor expressed the aspiration of his country to open an Egyptian embassy in the Comoros.
· On 07/06/2014, the Vice-President of the Republic of the Comoros Nordeny Borhani attended the ceremony of the President-elect Abdel Fattah Al Sisi.
· on 22/8/2012, the Foreign Minister Mohamed Amr received the Comoros Foreign Minister Mohammed Bakri bin Abdul Fattah, where Minister Amr affirmed Egypt's keenness to strengthen relations with the Republic of the Comoros, as it is a brotherly country
and member of the Arab League and linked to Egypt with strong public and historic
ties. Both Ministers discussed ways of enhancing the cooperation between the two countries; particularly in the field of commerce, education and health.
Egypt welcomed the intention of the Comoros to open a regional trade office in
Cairo to enhance its trade and economic relations with Egypt and the Arab countries.
In addition, they discussed the increase of facilities offered by Egypt to the Comorian students in the Egyptian universities and institutes, as well as granting facilities for
citizens of the Comoros for treatment in the Egyptian hospitals.
· On 8/3/2012, the Minister of Higher Education Dr. Hussein Khalid received the Foreign Minister of the Comoros Mohamed Bakri bin Abdul Fattah. He stressed Egypt's keenness to support the cultural and scientific cooperation with Comoros. Also, the two sides discussed means of boosting cooperation between the two countries, and increasing scholarships and
scientific exchange, as well as benefiting from the joint experiences in the field of higher education. Both parties are in support for the scientific cooperation between the Egyptian universities and the University of the Comoros. Moreover the possibility for establishing a branch of an Egyptian University in the Comoros, and for activating the cooperation agreements between universities in both countries were discussed.
For his part, the Foreign Minister of the
Comoros stressed the keenness of his country to promote and encourage the
bilateral cooperation with Egypt during the next stage.
· On 16/9/2010, the Egyptian Foreign Minister met the Comoran Minister of External Relations, Cooperation, Diaspora, Francophone, & the Arab World Fahmi Said Ibrahim el-Maceli. He reviewed the Arab scene, the Palestinian-Israeli peace process, the piracy
issue and the situation in Sudan. Also, he discussed ways of boosting cooperation between the two countries in the fields of health, education, the technical assistance and the
role of the Egyptian fund in providing technical aids for Africa. Finally, the executive program for the protocol on cultural, scientific and technical cooperation
· In September 2007, the Comorian President Ahmad Abdallah
Mohammad Sambi started his first presidential round with a visit to Egypt.
During talks with the former President Hosni Mubarak, he called upon Egypt to protect the unity of the Comoros against Anjouan Island separatists. The Former President Mubarak asserted Egypt’s support of Comorian sovereignty and the territorial integrity; highlighting the stances adopted by the Arab League and the African Union against separatist
From 11 – 13 November 2005, a Comoran delegation visited Egypt, where the delegation met with the two former Ministers of foreign affairs and the finance. Their Discussions focused on numerous regional,Arabic and African issues of mutual
interest for the two sides