Egypt and Palestine
Tuesday، 05 August 2014 12:00 AM
Within the framework of its tireless efforts to stop the Israeli aggression on Gaza Strip, Egypt floated on Monday 14/7/2014 an initiative for a ceasefire in the enclave.
This came through the contacts Cairo is making with both the Palestinian and Israeli sides. The initiative provides for the following:
- Israel shall be committed to halt all hostilities on Gaza and pledges not to launch any ground operations against the enclave.
- All Palestinian factions are called upon to halt all hostilities against Israel.
- Opening crossings and facilitating the movement of people and goods.
- 6 am (GMT) on Tuesday 15/7/2014 has been fixed for implementing appeasement understandings. This should be followed by a ceasefire within 12 hours of launching the initiative and its acceptance by the two parties.
- Cairo is to welcome high level delegations within 48 hours for completing talks on means of shoring up ceasefire.